Dissolve Gas Analysis
This seminar should improve people’s knowledge of insulating oil analysis specifically DGA and Oil Quality tests
• Understand gas formation
• Know how to use DGA diagnostic tools
• Understand the different oil tests
Who Should Attend?
asset engineers and managers
transformer operation and maintenance people
chemists and chemical technicians
Facilitators & Technical Speakers
Day 1 (8 Hours)
A. Oil Quality Tests
B. IEEE Specs
C. Principles of Dissolved Gas Analysis
D. Factors that influence gas-in-oil concentrations of oil samples during storage
E. Gas-in-Oil Standards
F. Different DGA Diagnostic Tools
G. Hands-on of insulating oil analysis
Day 2 (8 Hours)
A. DGA Sampling Procedures & Basic Interpretations of Lab Results (4 Hours)
I. Transformer Oil Sampling Procedure
- Syringe Sampling for DGA
- HDPE or AMBER Bottle Sampling for Oil Quality Test
II. Basic Interpretations of Dissolve Gas Analysis
- IEEE C57.104-2008/IEC60599
- DUVAL’S Triangle
- DUVAL’s Pentagon
- Case Studies
B. Online Dissolve Gas Monitoring
I. History of Online Dissolved Gas Monitor
- Monitoring only Hydrogen & Moisture
- Monitoring Hydrogen, Carbon Monoxide & Moisture
- Monitoring Five Fault Gases
- Monitoring Nine Key Gases
C. Operating Principles of Online DGA Monitor
D. Advantages of Online DGA Monitor
January 15 2020
February 19 2020
April 29 2020
May 21 2020
June 10 2020
July 8 2020
August 12 2020
September 9 2020
October 14 2020
November 11 2020
December 9 2019
Hope L. Pallones, RCh Registered Chemist
• Solid background on ISO 17025, ISO 9001, cGMP based on PICS and FDA.
• Significant experience in auditing based on ISO 17025 and ISO 9001.
• Significant exposure in equipment calibration on laboratory.
• Extensive knowledge on quality control, good laboratory practices and good manufacturing practices.
• Twenty years of experience in chemical laboratory analysis
Engr. Alex Castro, PEE
Engr. Castro’s exposure to testing of substation apparatus such as power transformers, potential transformers, current transformers, circuit breakers, disconnect switches and surge arresters equip him with the technical knowledge and experience to share in his seminars. His experience also comes from Meralco Industrial Engineering Services Corp. as a Project Supervisor. He is currently the Section Head of the Engineering department for WESTCO Electrical and Equipment Corp.
Engr. Eduardo M. Pabuna, Jr. PEE
Engr. Pabuna has 15 years of experience in electrical design simulations, power system studies and substation testing, that makes Engr. Pabuna an experienced electrical professional and facilitator for this program. He is also a resource speaker for various international and local conferences/seminars such as IIEE, Meralco and ABB to name a few. His engineering practice also involves supply, installation, testing and commissioning for major clients like National Power Corporation, Cebu-Mactan Interconnection project, Lafarge Cement, Clark Substation NGCP Project, San Miguel Corporation and various electric cooperatives. Engr. Pabuna is currently the Engineering Head of WESTCO Electrical and Equipment Corp.